12/25/2004

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas. I miss my Dad. December is a depressing month. He died three years ago - three days after his birthday of December 12. Now there are four days that are horrible in December. His birthday, the day he died, the day of his funeral and Christmas. It never hurts less, you just get used to it a little more each year. I'm supposed to be at my Mom's right now, but the weather has stepped in - ice and snow two days ago have made the roads treacherous. Though it has allowed my to spend this Christmas with my husband. As the oldest, I feel that I'm supposed to be the one to be there for Mom. This year my brother's at Mom's, so I don't feel like such a heal for not making it in time for Christmas day. I'll leave tomorrow, but God I dread the drive. On a lighter note - I've started yet another project. I'm making "My Constant Companion" out of the Knitter's Stash book. One more project to my ever-growing project list. I'm not sure how many I've really got going (or at least I'm not sure I really want to admit it). Can we say ADD? Let's not even mention the yarn/patterns waiting in the wings! Hey, at least yarn doesn’t go bad or spoil, right?!? I hope this day has left you with peace and optimism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home