6/24/2005

Is The 2nd Time a Charm?

Ready or not, here's my second attempt at blogging... (Thanks Pam and Carolyn for the inspiration) It's been a week since my week of creativity at Shakerag Workshops in Sewanee, TN in Lynne Vogel's Hands on Color: Spinning Beautiful Yarns from Handpainted Rovings. What a blast! The friends I met, the food we ate, the colors we created, the knitting and spinning were all awe inspiring. I miss everyone alot. One the first day, I finally "heard" the words FIBER PREP. Yeah, yeah - it's in all the books, on all the websites and blogs, etc., etc., but it finally clicked. My spinning looks SO much better. Who'd a thunk? lol Here's most of the crew - Twisted Friends!: My dying results: More photos and musings about Shakerag later. My first week back in the real world has been a lot less fun than Shakerag - ha. My ideal career would involve fiber (who are we kidding, no career just fiber!) Off to spin...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

great photo of your dyed fibers! WOW! that's a wonderfully creative buncha color. keep up the good work!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I am ALL OVER those colors. Sandy really has a follower in me. I was so busy making brains and dreadlocks that I missed fiber prep. Did I do that and just forgot. That would be like me.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home