7/10/2005

Handspun

This yarn is from one of the rovings I dyed at Shakerag! I overplyed it - I love how it looks, but probably wouldn't knit with it this way - too much twist. This skein is from the roving I bought from Lori while I was at Shakerag. Same skein over-twisted ply. These two are from rolags I purchased from the Bees Knees - http://homepage.mac.com/beesknees/bkwebpage/homepage.html. I'm stashing blues to make a throw or rectangle shawl. Two ounces of Merino and angora from http://thewoolenrabbit.typepad.com/thewoolenrabbit/. I've got other colors to spin from the same vendor - similar colorings. Alpaca pencil roving plyed white with black. I think I've got about 2 lbs. (not all spun yet!), I don't remember what I was wanting to knit with this - probably a shawl. I think it would be too hot to wear for anything else.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow! That is such pretty yarn (all of it!). I especially love the colors on the overtwisted one. :) I'm glad your started your blog again.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wow, Kandy!! i'm in love with the white and black alpaca yarn. it is spectacular and i want to see what you knit with it. you have great photos on your blog. oh, and your overspun yarns look really pretty!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Kandy, they are eye candy. Absolutely gorgeous. How can you tell if it's over plied. I have been trying to get just that look with mine.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home