7/26/2005

Sandy's corrupting me!

O.K. - maybe Sandy didn't start it. Maybe she did. All I'm saying is that I couldn't stay away from her fiber site. I'm bad. I'm a yarn/fiber whore/slut. Yep. That's me. I HAD to rescue a few of her babies. They're coming to live with me - that's my story and I'm sticking to it (hey, don't tell my husband, k?) My dream is to have an alpaca farm. You know those commercials - Ilovealpacas.com. I MUST raise alpacas - watch the stars while checking on the herd at night. Yep, no corporation sending requests for info needed yesterday, no reports, no "romper room" antics, no beating your head against the wall because someone won't take the time to THINK. Knitting, spinning? No photos, but I've finished another OSW. This time I lengthened the sleeves. Instead of working the seed stitch, I continued with straight stich for another twoish inches then ribbed for maybe an inch and a half. I REALLY like it. I've got more yarn (surprise) for another one or two. Maybe I'll work in a lace stitch in the body next time. It's a great pattern and really works up fast. I finished spinning and plying the fiber I bought from Lori. I had problems plying - it kept wanting to knot on me (I plyed from a center pull ball). Not too much wasted, though any fiber wasted is a loss. I really should be working on my Mom's Charlotte Web, but I started Nothin' but a Tee Shirt again (movie knitting). Speaking of movies, we've seen "War of the Worlds" and "The Island". Neither were my cup of tea. I prefer chick flicks - but my husband made a New Year's Resolution not to see any this year :-). I sent out a inquiry about a possible job opening over the weekend. I received a response yesterday. They're interested in talking! I'm excited and terrified. It's most likely much less money, but something that I really think I'd enjoy. I tried to touch base this afternoon, but got voicemail. I left a message. I'll keep you updated on developments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Ooh... If you bought her merino/tencel that is the blue, yellow and red, I'm gonna be sooo jealous!! Re: plying from center pull ball - are you holding the ball in your hand as you ply? If you put it on the floor instead, it does knot up to beat the band. But if you hold it in your hand, it is much more manageable.
I hope the new job pans out. I started my new one last week, and I am going to really enjoy it!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home