11/29/2005

Now, where was I?

Oh yeah, knitting. spinning. and weaving. Weaving? Right, a new diversion - like I needed another one! I purchased a triangle loom at SAFF - convinced myself that it was a great way to utilize my stash and handspun. Ha! I've finished one shawl (but hey - I did use stash that had been marinating for YEARS). Second shawl on the loom has been neglected lately. Spinning's been a little neglected lately too. It's all knitting all the time. SAFF was alot of fun - I brought my Mother along and we had a good time. Got to see Babs and Pam. And spend lots of money! It was a good thing. Lately I've become obsessed with sock yarn Not just any sock yarn - a specific sock yarn. Socks that Rock. I'm in trouble here folks. I've now accumulated 9 skeins (oops - 11 - two are matching Soft Rock skeins, but that's just because Toni's my fairy godmother). I needed a fiber fix BAD last Wednesday (work, ya know). I called Toni, asked what she had on hand, purchased four lovelies that quickly made their way to me. Arrived on Friday - what service. And to my surprise and delight, I had two unexpected goodies - cause she felt like I needed a hug! Hubs has been out of town for the past week - yup, alone on Thanksgiving. Though that was my choice. I could have gone to the SILs, but chose to forgo that route. I had a quite day, cooked a turkey breast and a sweet potato, then took myself to see "Walk the Line". I was unsure through the movie whether I liked it, but want to see it again soon. It was very good. Did dredge up a few sad memories. My Dad drove me past the Cash estate on many occassions, as their home was not far away. The drinking scenes were also too familiar. X - Enough said. This time of year is especially hard for me. My hysterectomy was 6 years ago, right before Thanksgiving and my Dad died nine days before Christmas 4 years ago. Add to that the consumer intensive environment that I'm blessed to deal with daily. I'm leaving for Baton Rouge in the morning and had to drop my babies at the kennel after work. I feel like such a bad dog mother dropping them off, like I'm abandoning them. I know that it's worse on me, cause they really do like this kennel. I need to pack, though it's only a one or two day trip, depending on when we're through on Thursday and I can get out of town. I decided to drive because I'd spend as much time flying as it is going to take me to drive. I can leave the house later too :-) Really not looking forward to this trip. I'm currently working on the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Gifts. I've had the yarn for over a year. Checked out the knitalong for helpful hints and was ashamed to see that I had signed up a year ago. Bad knitter. I also signed up for the Must Have knitalong, but quickly abandoned that - I hated the yarn I was using (for that pattern - it's now found another life).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home