12/17/2005

Felting Issues, Bad Service

I've been attempting to felt a bucket hat for more than, um let's see, five hours! I have to laugh when I see in the instructions to "check after 3 minutes" - not in my universe. And I don't have a front load washer! Clearly this hat is attempting to test my patience - just like it's cousin did last week. Speaking of testing my patience...... I ordered two sweater kits from a popular online shop site at the end of November. The kits arrived the next week while I was out of town on business. Gleefully opened the package, then promptly put away because there was no way I was going to start these any time soon (hey, there was this sale you see, yada yada yada). Not sure why, but I pulled the kits out of hiding to fondle the yarn (you know you'd have done it too). It was then I noticed that the pricey yarn had been substituted for an lesser yarn with less yardage! I quickly emailed the company to explain what had happened and waited for a response. And waited. And waited. I sent another email to three different addesses on the site. Received a response saying that they weren't sure how that had happened, but they were sending out my original yarn THAT day and enclosing a UPS call tag so that I could return the other yarn. That was more than a week and a half ago. Sent an email on Wednesday requesting the tracking number as I hadn't received my package yet. No response. Waited til Friday to send another email. Response this time was that the owner wasn't at the office that day, but would check on Saturday. And that it was taking UPS almost two weeks to deliver to the West Coast. Hello!!!! Since when was Arkansas considered the West Coast?!? I scurried to UPS' online site, plugged in the zips from their shipping location and my delivery location - guess what. Guaranteed delivery by Monday - the 12th! Four days ago. My guess is that my shipment wasn't sent out when they said it was. Now have completely lost interest in both projects and emailed back that I would be returning both kits. Don't plan on giving them any more of my business. There are too many great online yarn shops that do a fabulous job of customer service and supersonic shipping. I'm just say'n.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home